HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

 Today is my birthday, one of those birthdays that reminds us that our youth is behind us. I often told myself that I was not afraid of death, and I am not really afraid of it. And when I asked myself where that regret that haunts me on this special day came from, I realized that my fear was not generated by death, but by the future absence of everything I love in this world. Especially the son I had and who taught me what it means to really love. I am one of those who does not believe that death is the end of all that is. On the contrary, like Unamuno I think that our conscience cannot stop being. But when we leave, what does our love become? It is difficult for me to imagine my life without the call or the messages from my friends from school, with whom I shared the first years of life. Not to mention the hours spent with my son and the beautiful daughter-in-law that life brought me and whom I seem to have known forever. And if one day the universe gives me the granddaughter I always longed for, do I also have to say goodbye to her on the day I leave forever? I start watching the waves that are born and die without noise; the sea gives me the serenity I need to clarify the deep mystery that concerns us all; and yet I know that I will not be able to grasp it until my last day on earth.

May be an image of twilight, nature, ocean and sky
Justo J. Sánchez, Danny Stoll and 8 others
28 Comments
Like
Comment
Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

WHAT IS TODAY’S MEANING OF THE WORD LONELINESS?

  Describing old age as the age of loneliness has become a common saying in the times in which we live. It is true that our last life stage ...