WHEN THE UNIVERSE GIVES BACK...

 


One of the things I learned from my parents is to be materially and emotionally generous; thanks to that learning, I know in depth the joy that it generates. When we help others, we no longer need to search for the meaning of our lives because it is right there in front of our eyes. However, that is not what I want to talk about today, but rather about how true is the fact that everything we give comes back to us when we need it most... I am lucky to live in front of the water, but in recent times new building maintenance laws in Miami made life difficult for many residents. In my case, the engineer in charge of the building's 50-year certification determined that it was necessary to change our old windows for impact windows. This plus all the other extraordinary expenses that have been adding up forced several of the residents to sell their apartment and move to more accessible places. In my case, although I did not put the apartment up for sale, the expense of the windows got me thinking. Until one night, while I was browsing FB, a video from Miami Dade Gov. suddenly showed up offering 40-year interest-free loans to help with buildings’ extraordinary expenses. Without much hope, I wrote down the name of the office and, after locating it on the internet, I printed and filled the application. In the days that followed I busied myself looking for all the documents and other receipts that were requested, and after a week I had finished mailing them. The process took approximately four months plus the exchange of many emails. Then, after the papers were signed, the money was sent to my building’s association directly. Many will say to me that it was a happy coincidence; I rather dare to say that coincidences have nothing to do with this. Instead, I have no doubt that, once again, the Universe returned to me what I gave to the Universe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

NO WISE PERSON EVER WANTED TO BE YOUNGER (Indian Aphorism)

  Some time ago I read somewhere the following phrase: "No wise person ever wanted to be younger again" , a phrase that never ceas...