THIS IS HOW DREAMS WORK

  

For some time now I have been concerned about some things happening around us on Miami Beach, specifically on the beach in front of our building. To be honest, these events are not very significant; they have to do with keeping the beach safe and sound from unwelcome intruders. However, every morning when I read the newspaper and learn what is going on around the world -thousands of peoples’ lives destroyed by those avid of power- my concerns start looking very inappropriate. Very soon I realized that, although I have a wonderful life in an idyllic place, I often feel somber. As I started to reflect on the reason of my strong reaction to these insignificant neighborhood matters, I suddenly realized that I have not yet grasped the fact that there are many things in our life that we cannot control; and because of that I was wasting many hours of enjoyment. Until one night I had the following dream: I had in my possession lots of old clothes that I had decided to give away. After putting them in a bag, I went to meet those who were going use them. When I gave the bag to them, I suddenly saw the keys to my house at the bottom of the bag and I thought: “I almost lost my keys.” Yes, the keys to enjoy my amazing life as it is.



No comments:

Post a Comment

WHAT IS TODAY’S MEANING OF THE WORD LONELINESS?

  Describing old age as the age of loneliness has become a common saying in the times in which we live. It is true that our last life stage ...